Harrah's Entertainment Inc. announced Harrah's Rincon in Valley Center, California, as a new stop on its World Series of Poker Circuit (WSOPC). The event will take place from February 26 to March 7.
Harrah's Rincon was a WSOPC stop this past year, attracting more than 1,800 players and awarding over $2.7 million. It will be the only WSOPC event in California and on the entire West Coast of America this year, and its addition to the Circuit brings the total number of stops to 13, including the WSOP Tournament of Champions (TOC) grand finale event. The current season began on August 11 at Grand Casino Tunica in Arizona.
Each WSOPC stop features several tournaments with buy-ins ranging from hundreds to thousands of dollars. The No-Limit Hold'em Main Event hosted at each Circuit stop boasts a $10,000 buy-in, with the winner qualifying for the 2006 TOC, which will be held immediately prior to the WSOP 2006 at the Rio in Las Vegas next June.
Two WSOPC events have already taken place this year at Grand Casino in Tunica, Arizona and Harrah's Las Vegas. The WSOPC event scheduled to take place at the Grand Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi this month was cancelled due to damages caused by Hurricane Katrina.
Remaining stops on the 2005/2006 WSOPC are as follows:
- Caesars Indiana, Oct. 19 - Nov. 2
- Paris/Bally's Las Vegas, Nov. 9 - Nov. 22
- Showboat Atlantic City, Nov. 28 - Dec. 9
- Grand Casino Tunica, Jan. 5 - Jan. 26
- Harrah's Atlantic City, Feb. 7 - Feb. 17
- Harrah's Rincon, Feb. 26 - March 7
- Caesars Atlantic City, March 21 - March 31
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas, April 3 - April 14
- Harrah's New Orleans, May 18 - May 28
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe, June 6 - June 16
- 2006 TOC at Rio, June 28 - June 29
Please see www.worldseriesofpoker.com for further details.