Hansen Takes $2 Million Beating on Full Tilt in Nov.
One month into Full Tilt Poker 2.0 and Gus Hansen may be having second thoughts about the site’s resurrection.
The first member of The Professionals recorded one of the worst months in the history of online poker by losing over $2 million since Full Tilt re-launched on Nov. 6.
The majority of Hansen’s losses came in the $2,000/$4,000 Omaha-8 games, which he normally dominates.
Upstart accounts KPR16, Sally Woo and cottonseed1 all won considerable amounts from the Great Dane.
There was plenty of action in the high-stakes online games this month as Ben “Sauce123” Sulsky, Ilari Sahamies and Viktor “Isildur1” Blom made headlines for very different reasons.
Top 10 Online Winners in November
Ben “Sauce123” Sulsky is simply crushing the high-stakes online scene this year and showed no signs of slowing down in November.
Sulsky cruised through 15,435 hands and racked up $804,816 on PokerStars this month.
Sulsky was already the biggest online winner in 2012 but he’s now up a staggering $3.8 million.
The other big winner on PokerStars during the month of November was the Macau-based account patpatman, who picked up $756,005 over 19,211 hands.
Meanwhile on Full Tilt Poker players no_Ola, Alex Luneau and Rui Cao benefited greatly from the site's return by making huge scores.
no_Ola was the biggest winner on the site as he won $510k, while Alex Luneau won $475k and Rui Cao $469k.
Here’s a look at the other top 10 online winners in November according to hsdb.com:
1. Sauce123 (PokerStars): +$804,816
2. Patpatman (PokerStars): +$756,005
3. No_Ola (Full Tilt Poker): +$510,134
4. Alex Luneau (Full Tilt Poker): +$475,370
5. Rui Cao (Full Tilt Poker): +$469,357
6. Mastrblastr (Full Tilt Poker): +$451,609
7. KPR16 (Full Tilt Poker): +$401,843
8. O Fortuna PLS (Full Tilt Poker): +$347,868
9. Cottonseed1 (Full Tilt Poker): +$319,956
10. Longerpig (PokerStars): +$317,150
Top 10 Online Losers in November
About the only silver lining for Gus Hansen’s dramatic $2 million downswing in November is that he’s one of the few players who has a bankroll that can take it.
Before Black Friday in 2011, Hansen was up nearly $4 million on Full Tilt Poker, so he still has some ammunition to win it all back.
Hansen wasn’t the only player who didn’t exactly benefit from the New Full Tilt Poker.
Andreas “Skjervoy” Torbergsen lost a staggering $485k on PokerStars but also lost $358k on Full Tilt. In total Torbergsen recorded $843k in losses during the month of November.
Even Hansen’s fellow Professional teammate Viktor “Isildur1” Blom couldn’t turn a profit on the new Full Tilt and ended up dropping $303,455 in November.
Meanwhile Ilari “Ilari FIN” Sahamies continued to have problems on PokerStars, losing a total of $433k this month.
Here are the top 10 online losers in November according to hsdb.com:
1. Gus Hansen (Full Tilt Poker): -$2,070,064
2. SallyWoo (Full Tilt Poker): -$594,166
3. Skjervoy (PokerStars): -$485,593
4. Odd_Oddsen (PokerStars): -$454,887
5. PepperoniF (PokerStars): -$436,280
6. Ilari FIN (PokerStars): -$433,261
7. Tr1cky7 (PokerStars): -$402,045
8. Skjervoy (Full Tilt Poker): -$358,349
9. GVOZDIKA55 (PokerStars): -$313,755
10. Isildur1 (Full Tilt Poker): -$303,455
Fulltilt needs to recoup the money it had to pay the DOJ so software being software they have pressed the doom button on everyone's account in order to make their bots win.