Featured Authors Articles Earl Burton
A former United States Marine, Earl, based in Texas, has been playing poker for almost 30 years and writing about the game for the last five. He covered the 2005 and 2006 World Series of Poker and has also been tableside for multiple World Poker Tour championship tournaments as well as other smaller events. He constantly keeps his finger on the pulse of the tournament poker world and the players who are a part of it.
In addition, Earl also enjoys perusing the latest poker books on the market today and offering commentary on many aspects of the game, from strategy in both the live and online game to his own take on the hottest issues in poker today.
Earl plays frequently, whether live or online, and enjoys every poker discipline there is. He'll jump into ring games if he cannot find a tournament, and is on a mission to become the fully rounded player that many aspire to be. You can normally find him on the online tables as "USRaider" and may bump into him at PokerStars, Full Tilt, Ultimate Bet and Cake Poker.
- Future of the poker industry: Part 2
- WSOP Champions: Where Are They Now, Part 1
- Student tackles luck versus skill debate
- Mid South Poker Classic to hit Cherokee
- Two top pros host successful fundraisers
- Cantu rides recent success into POY race
- Future of the poker industry: Part 1
- Wynn Classic main event begins today
- Stout takes prelim event, WSOPC main event begins
- WSOPC Atlantic City off to explosive start
Latest Blog Posts
- Keep the Pressure On for Sportsmanlike Poker
- Reduced WPT Schedule Not a Bad Thing
- Best Damn Poker Show? No. But Not Bad
- Is The "Youth Movement" Good For Poker?
- Should All Tournaments Be Deep-Stack Events?
- Final Thoughts on Absolute Scandal, PCA Bannings
- Poker Psychology: The Complete Circle
- Looking back at the biggest players of 2007
- Fun, sun, poker: Hitting the Florida poker scene
- Year in Review: Tragedy strikes as year ends