Katchalov snagged a seat at the final table earlier today with 3.2 million chips, second only to chip leader Sotirios Koutoupas who amassed 6.4 million.
The Ukrainian's only other EPT final table was in Barcelona in 2011, when he finished in third place.
Katchalov made a name for himself in the poker world in 2007 when he won a massive WPT Five Diamond for $2.4 million. In 2011 he followed up his WPT title with a WSOP bracelet in a Seven-Card Stud event in Las Vegas.
Only Davidi Kitai, Gavin Griffin, Roland De Wolfe, Jake Cody and Bertrand Grospellier have succeeded in winning the Triple Crown.
UK Lands Three on Final Table
Katchalov will have to overcome a decidedly English final table in Deauville with Oliver Price, Harry Law and Eli Heath all representing the U.K.
The final table is rounded out by Italian Carlo De Benedittis and Russian Muratov while Anthony Lerust is the only French player at the final table.
The final table begins at noon local time tomorrow and we’ll have it streaming right here on PokerListings.
Here’s a look at the final-table chip counts:
- Seat 1: Oliver Price (UK) 1,735,000
- Seat 2: Harry Law (UK) 3,130,000
- Seat 3: Carlo De Benedittis (Italy) 685,000
- Seat 4: Eugene Katchalov (Ukraine) 3,280,000
- Seat 5: Anthony Lerust (France) 1,295,000
- Seat 6: Eli Heath (UK) 2,475,000
- Seat 7: Rustem Muratov (Russia) 1,070,000
- Seat 8: Sotirios Koutoupas (Greece) 6,400,000