PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
durrrr Challenge: Dwan Adds on $314k
With the durrrr Challenge nearing the final stretch Tom “durrrr” Dwan added another $314k to his lead last night, putting him up over $1.3 million.
The previous Challenge session went down on the 29th of last month, Dwan making $209k, giving him a lead of $1 million.
Last night, Dwan and opponent Patrik Antonius played a total of 883 hands of the usual $200/$400 Pot-Limit Omaha.
Antonius, who has lost over $1.7 million this year, managed to win the largest pot of the match worth $150k. Unfortunately, Antonius also lost the second and third largest pots, putting the Finnish Full Tilt Pro down $314k for the session.
On top of stretching his lead over Antonius, Dwan also took another $120k playing 7-Game, his combined profit ($430k) putting him up $85k on the year.
With the 883 hands added to the official count, the durrrr Challenge has now seen 32,795 of the required 50,000.
Assuming they play two sessions a month, each at 883 hands, the challenge will be completed around November of 2010, giving us a winner before the end of the year.
durrrr Challenge by the numbers:
- 355,000,000: Cost of the Apollo 11 mission in 1969
- 268,728,143: Total amount wagered
- 1,392,760: Amount durrrr is ahead
- 150,778: Biggest pot of the latest session
- 32,795: Hands played overall
- 7,405: Amount of rake made by Full Tilt from the Challenge
- 805: Cost of a 4-seat model T Ford in 1909
- 104: Hours played in the challenge
- 66: Percentage of challenge completed
- 35: Average cost of an ounce of gold in 1970
Below are the three largest pots from the latest Challenge match. You can see more hands by heading to MarketPulse.