PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Durrrr Challenge: Antonius wins another $23k
After nine days off and the $40k event at the Tom Dwan and Patrik Antonius sat down for another session of the durrrr Challenge last night.
They played a little less than 1,000 hands and despite the fact Dwan won two of the three biggest pots, Antonius managed to grind out a $23k win, extending his overall lead to just under $450k.
The largest pot of the session, worth just over $200k, saw Dwan flop the big full-house on the 8♦ 10♣ 8♠ flop, before getting it all in with Antonius over three streets of betting.
Both of the largest pots won by Dwan in this session came while he was in the small blind as it becomes clearer that position has been the key throughout the entire challenge.
On the small blind, durrrr has made a profit of over $969k, while in the big blind, his total losses are more than $1.4 million.
This session came as somewhat of a surprise to many online railbirds, as the general assumption was there would be no durrrr Challenge action during the WSOP.
But with both players out of the 2009 WSOP $40k opening event and only the $1,500 Omaha 8 and $1k economic stimulus tournaments going on at the Rio, these two were back at it on the virtual felt.
With 30% of the challenge in the books, Antonius shows an almost $450k profit and since he and Dwan appear to have no interest in WSOP events with buy-ins under $10k, there may be more action to come this summer.
durrrr Challenge by the numbers:
- 98,445,146: Total amount wagered in the challenge
- 1,400,000: Price of a new Bugatti Veyron
- 447,684: Amount Antonius is ahead
- 23,003: Amount durrrr lost in the latest session
- 15,123: Total hands played so far
- 4,646: Average pot size
- 195: Number of hours played
- 1: Price of a Snoopy PEZ dispenser on EBAY
- durrrr Challenge: Dwan digs a deeper hole
- durrrr Challenge: Dwan good for $100k
- durrrr Challenge: Antonius solidifies lead
- Antonius dishes on the durrrr Challenge
- durrrr Challenge: Antonius crushes for 140k
- durrrr Challenge: Swing swonging along
- durrrr Challenge: Over 10,000 hands played
- durrrr Challenge: The 2,000 hand session
- durrrr Challenge: Dwan makes a small profit
- durrrr Challenge: Dwan implodes against Antonius