PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
durrrr Challenge: Antonius solidifies lead
After more than a week off, Tom Dwan and Patrik Antonius restarted the durrrr Challenge early Monday morning.
The flop came down 9♠ 8♠ 7♥ and Dwan quickly shoved for his last $45,480. Antonius called and the board finished with the 5♠ and 9♣. Dwan was only too happy to scoop the $198,961 pot, the third largest of the Challenge so far.
But surprisingly, this huge pot wasn't enough to turn the tide as Antonius followed it up with a few big pots of his own and never really let go of the lead.
Despite a late session charge by Dwan, Antonius successfully held on thanks to a $150,000 pot won in the final 15 minutes.
His latest loss in the durrrr Challenge occurred just one day after the latest episode of High Stakes Poker aired with Dwan making his triumphant return to the Golden Nugget just in time to snatch a massive pot off Howard Lederer four-betting with a paltry 8-6 off-suit.
At the end of the session durrrr said he had to get some sleep, but Antonius mentioned they might start up again as soon as he wakes up.
durrrr Challenge by the numbers:
- 78,644,884: Total amount wagered
- 198,960: Biggest pot of the session (third largest of the Challenge)
- 195,000: Average cost of a house in the U.S. in 2003
- 159,727: Amount Antonius is ahead (largest lead of the Challenge)
- 37,044: Hands yet to be played
- 842: Hands played in today's session
- 41: Hours into the challenge
- 13: Days since there was action in the durrrr Challenge
- 1: Pot worth $100,000 pre-flop in today's session
Check out the biggest hand of the session in the PokerListings' hand re-player below:
- Antonius dishes on the durrrr Challenge
- durrrr Challenge: Antonius crushes for 140k
- durrrr Challenge: Swing swonging along
- durrrr Challenge: Over 10,000 hands played
- durrrr Challenge: The 2,000 hand session
- durrrr Challenge: Dwan makes a small profit
- durrrr Challenge: Dwan implodes against Antonius
- durrrr Challenge: Dwan gaining momentum
- durrrr Challenge: Dwan erases Antonius' lead
- durrrr Challenge: Antonius storms back for $161k
- durrrr Challenge: 5,000 hands: Antonius almost even