PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Deeb Makes History, Schwartz SCOOPs First
Shaun Deeb made history yet again last night in the 2012 SCOOP winning his fifth career SCOOP title and fourth this year.
With his three titles this year all in Stud, Deeb was clearly in his comfort zone in Event #38-H, $2,100 H.O.R.S.E., with 60% of the games Stud variants.
Adding in a little bit of run good, Deeb was again unstoppable and ran by a final table that included tough pros Jon Spinks, Jon "FatalError" Aguiar, George Lind and Dylan "ImaLucSac" Linde.
With just 85 players registering, the field was void of soft spots with usual suspects like Eugene Katchalov, Bertrand Grospellier and Lind in the mix.
Undaunted, Deeb swept to his fourth title in just two weeks and added $46,325 to his 2012 SCOOP haul, now up to $236,951.39.
Despite his four wins, Deeb isn't the highest money earner in the 2012 SCOOP (Isildur1 - $438k) but he does have a commanding lead in the Player of the Series race.
Deeb's 825 points is nearly double that of second place Drew M Scott. He’s also tied for the lead with 25 cashes and has eight final tables - again double his nearest competitior.
Final Results Event #38-H ($2,100 H.O.R.S.E.):
1. Shaun "shaundeeb" Deeb (Mexico) $46,325.00
2. Jon "LUFCBas" Spinks (United Kingdom) $31,450.00
3. Dylan "ImaLucSac" Linde (Canada) $23,800.00
4. BiatchPeople (United Kingdom) $16,150.00
5. Andrey "Kroko-dill" Zaichenko (Russia) $11,900.00
6. Sivokhan (Ukraine) $8,925.00
7. Jonathan "FatalError" Aguiar (Mexico) $7,225.00
8. George "Jorj95" Lind III (Canada) $5,525.00
Schwartz, Sowers Keep Pros Rolling
The list of big-name pros with SCOOP titles this year continues to get longer with both Luke “lb6121” Schwartz and Mike “Sowerss” Sowers each earning a SCOOP title of their own last night.
Schwartz, famously known for livening up the online high-stakes cash games as “_FullFlush1_”, won his first SCOOP title in Event #36-H ($5,200 PLO 6-max).
Schwartz topped 134 players overall to take the top prize of $174,200 from the $600k+ prize pool.
Among the pros Schwartz outlasted in his fourth career SCOOP final-table appearance were WSOP bracelet winner Joe "enders555" Ebanks and EPT champ Nicolas Chouity.
Sowers, one of the top online players of the last five years, earned his first SCOOP title in the medium buy-in version of Event #36.
Full results for both events below:
Final Results Event #36-H $5,200 PLO 6-max:
1. Luke "lb6121" Schwartz (United Kingdom) $174,200
2. MrDurden (Canada) $117,250.00
3. Nicolas "niccc" Chouity (Lebanon) $87,100
4. GlassOfBeer (Finland) $56,950.00
5. Jorge "twin-caracas" Arias (Venezuela) $43,500.00
6. Joe "ender555" Ebanks (United Kingdom) $30,150.00
Final Results Event #36-M, $530 PLO 6-max:
1. Mike "Sowerss" Sowers (Costa Rica) -- $61,290
2. BackDoorovic (Sweden) -- $45,967.50
3. TheHood (Australia) -- $34,050
4. Jarfish (Canada) -- $23,835
5. xxMatSon (Finland) -- $17,025
6. gillete (Canada) -- $10,025
Just six events of the 2012 SCOOP remain including all three levels of the Main Event with $5 million total guaranteed.
Watch the action play out today on PokerStars or look for recaps here and on the PokerStars blog.