PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Danzer Sweeps Kurganov, Nanonoko Clips Jungleman in GPL
For the second straight day Dan “jungleman” Cates started a day of GPL matches with a bang.
Cates wasted no time trash-talking heads-up opponent Randy Lew of the Hong Kong Stars in the first heads-up match of the day.
Lew didn’t back down, however, and responded with some trash talk of his own and managed to actually bluff Cates out of a few key pots.
In the end it was actually Lew who walked away the victor winning two games to one, although there were plenty of back-and-forth moments.
The biggest winner of the day, however, was the Paris Aviators' George Danzer who managed sweep high-stakes pro Igor Kurganov.
The sweep powered the Aviators to first place overall with 40 points. Here’s a complete breakdown of today's heads-up matches:
- Randy Lew (Hong Kong Stars) Beats Dan Cates (Berlin Bears) 2-1
- George Danzer (Paris Aviators) Sweeps Igor Kurganov (London Royals) 3-0
- Sergey Lebedev (Moscow Wolverines) Beats Timothy Adams (Rome Emperors) 2-1
Lebedev Finds Redemption Against Adams
It was a brilliant day for Sergey Lebedev who made up for getting unlucky and swept by Lew in a heads-up match last week.
Lebedev got a little lucky himself this time around and managed to beat Timothy Adams 2 matches to one.
This week saw the debut of winners interviews after every heads-up matches, which gave players a chance to give their thoughts on each match.
Tomorrow the GPL shifts back to the Americas conference with a series of heads-up matches on tap.
Bryn Kenney will look to follow in his brother Tyler's footsteps and keep the NY Rounders ahead of the entire pack.
Here’s a look at the players who will will face off tomorrow:
- Jonathan Little (LV Moneymakers) vs. Joao Bauer (Sao Paulo Mets)
- Jonathan Jaffe (San Francisco Rush) vs. Eugene Katchalov (LA Sunset)
- Bryn Kenney (NY Rounders) vs. Pascal Lefrancois (Montreal Nationals)
You can view the matches here starting at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
Here's a look at the updated standings after today's EurAsia heads-up matches:
1. Paris Aviators - 40 points
2. Hong Kong Stars - 37 points
3. Moscow Wolverines - 35 points
4. London Royals - 28 points
5. Rome Emperors - 27 points
6. Berlin Bears - 22 points