Daily 3-Bet: Staking Raymer, Flopping Torres, Busting Daniel

Greg Raymer and Jennifer Harman
Outside of a few $50ks, Raymer's record pretty good.

The PokerListings Daily 3-Bet is a handful of quarters, a nip of liquid courage and a non-sensical but unfightable impulse to dive into the afternoon poker news shark tank.

Got a tip for a future 3-Bet? Drop a link in the comments and we'll gladly take a look.

Today in the 3-Bet we find Greg Raymer offering up a piece of his action for 2014, PokerStars Team Online Pro Freddy Torres taking a swim in the Atlantis shark tank and Daniel Negreanu busted for a wandering eye.

1) Greg Raymer Selling Shares, Raising $100k for 2014

2004 WSOP Main Event champ Greg Raymer - he of four Heartland Poker Tour wins in 2012 and $2.5 million in tournament earnings since his ME title - is offering up a piece of his action in 2014 to help offset variance and, as he says, provide some "marriage EV."

Greg Raymer
Good investment and/or good story?
 

Raymer's staking set-up is a little different than a usual agreement as he's selling shares in a $100k bankroll at $1,000 a unit. Anything won he gets 40% of while investors split the other 60%.

He pays his own expenses and at the end of the year investors are paid right away according to results. If ahead you get your entire investment returned plus your share of the profits. If behind you get the remaining portion of your investment returned.

Sounds ... interesting? If at the very least it's a pretty good bar good story to say you staked a WSOP champion for a year. Full details from Raymer here.

2) Team Online Pro Freddy Torres Swims with Sharks

It's been a long standing gag/prop bet every year at the PCA with someone usually taking the bait, so to speak.

This year's "swim in the shark tank" bet-taker was Team PokerStars Online pro Freddy Torres, who took the bet for $1k and definitely doesn't swim very well when he's scared.


Screen shot 2014 01 15 at 11.34.31 AM

3) Negreanu Busted for Wandering Eye

Funny, and definitely hard to blame him.

You May Also Like

assets/photos/_resampled/croppedimage12580-Screen-shot-2014-09-02-at-12.03.21-PM.png

Daily 3-Bet: Hellmuth Whiff, SHRPO Stream, Don't Be a Poker Creep

The PokerListings Daily 3-Bet is BBQ sauce on your cheek, sesame seeds in your mustache and a very clear bite out of the afternoon poker...

02 September 2014
assets/photos/_resampled/croppedimage12580-Screen-shot-2014-09-02-at-8.45.11-AM.png

Charlie 'Epiphany77' Carrel: "I Deposited $15 and Just Got Lucky I Guess"

Have you heard the one about the kid who invested $15 in an online account and ran it up to $500,000?

02 September 2014
assets/photos/_resampled/croppedimage12580-HellmuthFT2.jpg

Daily 3-Bet: Millionaire Chess, Big SHRPO Overlay, Hellmuth Owns Greenstein

The PokerListings Daily 3-Bet is a three-move strategy that always gets you to the endgame of the mid-afternoon poker news world.

01 September 2014
assets/photos/_resampled/croppedimage12580-IMG1731.jpg

Daily 3-Bet: Ivey Down $5m, $10m Florida Dream, One-Tabling FTW

The PokerListings Daily 3-Bet is a one-way ticket to Miami, a spot on a hotel-room floor and a few days of run-good between you and...

29 August 2014

Please fill the required fields correctly!

Error saving comment!

You need to wait 3 minutes before posting another comment.

Comment added. Thank you!

Jay 2014-01-15 15:52:43

How much do Raymers prostitutes get out of it?