Got a tip for a future 3-Bet? Drop a link in the comments and we'll gladly take a look.
Today in the 3-Bet we find Daniel Negreanu picking his keyword for 2014, Jason Mercier stepping into Bill Murray's shadow for a Reddit AMA and poker player Garrett Adelstein steps into Jean-Robert Bellande's Survivor shoes.
1) Daniel Negreanu's Word for 2014: Connection
Not as in hitting flops, mind you. As in connecting with other people:
A few poker pros chipped in with their own suggestions - none quite as ominous as Richard "nutsinho" Lyndaker's:
We're still mulling ours over but as of right now we're leaning towards "slangwhanger." Suggestions welcome in the comments.
2) Mercier Doing Reddit AMA on Friday
Ask him anything (but not that).
He's a brave man stepping into the shadow of American icon Bill Murray, who may have just done the greatest AMA in Reddit's history, but poker pro Jason Mercier will be at the mercy of the Redditors himself this Friday starting at 3 pm.
His username, in case you're looking: JasonMercier.
We've asked Mercier a few questions of our own recently, coincidentally, including how he's trying to balance his life as a high-stakes poker pro with his faith. More on that here.
Throw your questions at Mercier on Friday here.
3) Garrett Adelstein in Survivor 28 Cast, on "Brains" Tribe
Like JRB but fitter. And more handsome. And smarter.
We semi-announced this already but today CBS offically confirmed poker player Garrett Adelstein is on the new season of Survivor: Cagayan.
Interestingly, he'll be a part of the Brains tribe (this season's tribes are split into three - Brains, Brawn and Beauty).
Jean-Robert Bellande will forever be our favorite poker Survivor but by the sounds of it Adelstein's got it in him to play the villain too. From his CBS bio:
- Hobbies: Bodybuilding, alcohol, psychology and cinema.
- If You Could Have 3 Things on The Island What Would They Be and Why? One big picture of all the people closest to me in my life to prevent loneliness, one long chain email between myself and my four best friends for endless hilarity, and a naked picture of a girl I enjoy hooking up with, in case all the attractive girls get voted off early.
- Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: Win enough money to impress girls in LA; self-growth as I will be forced to deal with extreme circumstances in a way I never imagined possible.
- Do You Consider Yourself a Brain, a Beauty or a Brawn and Why? I'll go with the modest answer and say all three. I'll probably be one of the physically strongest, most intelligent and my mom says I'm very handsome to boot.
We have an interview request in, naturally. Check his cast video out here.