Any suggestions for a future 3-Bet, feel free to drop a note in the comments.
Today in the 3-Bet we find more great reflections on the life of Jerry Buss from Phil Hellmuth, Gavin “Birdguts” Smith making his return to the airwaves via Wicked Chops and the PokerStars World Blogger Championship back on the radar.
1) Hellmuth on Buss: "Held His Own Against the Best"
The poker world is still struggling with the death of Lakers owner and friend Dr. Jerry Buss on Monday and the personal memories continue to trickle in across the web.
From Doyle Brunson to Layne Flack to John Juanda to Jeff Madsen, pros across the spectrum have chimed in with the same universal message – it’s hard to imagine a kinder, more genuine person to share some time with at the tables, billionaire or otherwise.
One of the more interesting reflections/recollections? From the fingertips of Phil Hellmuth:
RIP Jerry Buss.I never ever heard Jerry say anything negative about anyone.JB turned around the Lakers & won 10 NBA Championships!— phil_hellmuth (@phil_hellmuth) February 18, 2013
(2) Jerry was a great limit Hold'em player & he held his own against the BEST players in the world.Jerry, I will miss you my friend...— phil_hellmuth (@phil_hellmuth) February 18, 2013
(2) Hold'em in Jerry's Presidential Suite at the Prince Hotel.Huck and I each lose $35,000, (Chan even) and Jerry wins $70,000!I was— phil_hellmuth (@phil_hellmuth) February 19, 2013
(3) prickly for a day, then Jerry gives Huck & I floor seats (Lakers & Supersonics training) and puts a smile on my face.JB class act!— phil_hellmuth (@phil_hellmuth) February 19, 2013
2) Gavin Smith Back On Air with Wicked Chops
Remember how much fun the old PokerRoad Radio shows were with Joe Stapleton, Joe Sebok and Ol' Gavin "Birdguts" Smith?
If you remember them as wistfully was we do, you'll want to know Ole G Smith is bringing his husky pipes and questionable mental stability back to the airwaves this Thursday via the Wicked Chops podcast.
Looking fw to doing Wicked Chops podcasts with @olegsmith -- will be fun.— Wicked Chops Poker (@wickedchops) February 19, 2013
What can you expect? Given the primary participants we're gonna go with boob analysis, old drinking stories and insider poker secrets. Check it out here.
3) World Blogger Championship Back in March
It's hard not to love an event like the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker.
Back for its eighth edition from Mar. 1-11, the WBCOOP is 10 days, 31 tournaments and plenty of prize money distributed among those that keep the poker spirit alive in the smallest corners of the web. All you need to participate?
"WBCOOP is open to anyone who submits a 500-word blog or short video before March 9 detailing the best moment they have had while playing on PokerStars.
"The blogger must then share the blog/video with friends and followers on social media to get ten free tickets to play in one of 30 eligible tournaments."
Each tournament also hands out SCOOP tickets to high finishers and all cashers get a seat in the WBCOOP Main Event with a $5k prize pool.
Also on the table: Best Blogger will win $5k, Best Live Tweeter $1k and Best Female Blogger $500. For extra fun, PokerStars Team pros will make appearances in several events with $22 bounties on their heads.
Get in the game here. Check PokerStars Team Online member Tyler Frost's best moment and WBCOOP plans above.