Brock Parker Takes Borgata Fall Poker Open for $372k
Brock Parker beat the toughest final table ever assembled at the Borgata Fall Poker Open to win $372k earlier this morning.
Parker, a two-time WSOP bracelet winner, got past 644 entrants and a final table that included noted pros Vinny Pahuja, Jeff Papola, Matt Stout and recent WSOP October Niner Michael Esposito.
“It was a really good final table,” Parker told the Borgata blog after the event. “A lot of talented players.”
Matt Matros, Brian Lemke and Allen Kessler were also in the final 27 players of the event.
Stout busted ended up busting in seventh, Esposito in sixth, Papola in fifth and Pahuja in fourth, which left Parker, Patrick Chan and Scott Baumstein to play three-handed.
It ended up being a marathon three-handed session that lasted for more than four hours.
Chan finally fell in third place when he shoved ace-nine into Parker’s ace-ten.
Heads-up was an extremely short affair that saw Baumstein flop top-pair against Parker’s pair of kings early. The kings held up and Parker became the latest Borgata champion at around 6 a.m. ET.
Here’s a look at the complete final-table payouts:
1. Brock Parker (Silver Spring, MD) $372,568
2. Scott Baumstein (New York, NY) $209,480
3. Patrick Chan (Brooklyn, NY) $131,895
4. Vinny Pahuja (Hicksville, NY) $107,067
5. Jeff Papola (Monmouth Beach, NJ) $85,344
6. Michael Esposito (Seaford, NY) $70,602
7. Matt Stout (Las Vegas, NV) $56,637
8. Ravi Raghavan (Northbrook, IL) $42,672
9. Kambiz 'Tony' Behbahani (Fairfax Station, VA) $29,482
10. Lou Crispino (Amityville, NY) $20,172