Earth Hour is just over a day away and since online poker is an electricity-based activity, it's out between 8:30pm and 9:30pm tomorrow night.
Now we know there are people out there who will choose online poker over climate-change awareness, we get that. But for the rest we've put together a quick list of alternatives to get you through those 60 minutes without juicing the power bill.
5. Read Super System by candlelight. We know it's dated but they teach ancient history in school for a reason.
4. Bet on random things you see in the street. Prop-betting has a rich and storied history. Satisfy your gambling needs by wagering on things like homeless people fighting or which pigeon will fly away first.
3. Online poker athletic training. Your computer doesn't have to be on for you to brush up on essential grinding skills. Sit in the dark and practice mouse-clicking and alt-tabbing until the hour's up.
2. Find some real friends and have a home game. Skip this step if years of reclusive poker grinding have isolated you from the rest of the population.
1. Contemplate the plight of the planet and how turning off your lights for one hour is a small step in the right direction. Cheesy but probably worth thinking about.