So you spend each day playing as many hands as possible. You spend all of your free time replaying all of those hands back in your head and studying book after book about the game.
Poker becomes your life.
So much your life, in fact, it seeps into virtually every facet of your day-to-day existence.
Here are my top 5 signs that you play waaaay too much poker. (Although who am I kidding - there is no such thing.)
1) You refer to frequent buyer cards from the sandwich shop as rakeback. Every 10th sandwich free = 10% rakeback.
2) If you miss your train or get stuck in traffic it's a bad beat. If it happens a couple times in a week you are running bad.
3) If you meet a new girl you refer to it as "picking up a draw."
4) "Short stacker" is a derogatory term and if you were ever called a short stacker, it would be grounds for a fight.
5) When your boss asks you why you are late for work you just say "variance."