The Poker Reporter Blog
Photo By Numbers: EPT London Table of DeathCreated By: Matthew Showell
Poker’s a changing game, you hear it every day. No longer are you guaranteed to have even one weak spot at your table in a big buy-in tournament.
To give you an idea of what we mean, consider this patch of felt we captured on film from Day 3 here at the EPT London Main Event.
This is the kind of competition you’re going to face if you ever find yourself taking shot at a European Poker Tour or similar event.
This is the EPT London Day 3 table of death, by the numbers.
- Tony Cascarino is a legend in Irish football (the European kind) and has proved he’s got what it takes to compete on the poker felt as well. Cascarino has earned almost $600,000 since getting his start in low buy-in tournaments back in 2003.
His first major win came in a $1,000 side event at the Caribbean Poker Classic in 2006, good for $28,400. In 2008 he took down a GUKPT tour stop for $96,000 and won the Grand Final on the same tour one year later for $283,412, his biggest score to date.
Cascasino’s best finish on the European Poker Tour was 14th right here at EPT London in 2007, earning him just under $45,000.
- Tristan “cre8tive” Wade has made over $1.4 million playing tournament poker online and over $700,000 playing live.
This past WSOP was especially lucrative for the Florida native, with a fourth-place finish in the $10k Six-Max championship for $292,866 and a seventh-place finish in a $1,500 donkament good for $94,700.
Wade is a passionate blogger and an instructor at Deepstacks University.
- Steve “MrTimCaum” O’Dwyer has earned over $1.1 million playing live and hundreds of thousands more playing online.
O’Dwyer’s record begins in 2007 with a $17k score at the PCA and four WSOP cashes worth roughly $70,000. One year later he made over $100k at the WSOP, including his first final table. His biggest scores are a sixth at the 2009 WPT Five Diamond at Bellagio for $202,362 and a win at the 2011 Bellagio Cup in a $5k side event for $259,452.
- Barny Boatman is a legitimate London old-schooler and full patch member of the Hendon Mob with over $1.7 million in live tournament earnings.
- Jason Mercier is the favorite in almost any tournament on earth, evidenced by his more than $6.7 million in live tournament earnings.
He’s got two WSOP bracelets, an open EPT title, numerous high roller wins and a long list of significant cashes. And all that’s in addition to the huge success he’s enjoyed playing cash and MTT poker online.
For anyone who doesn't know Nicolas Chouity (including me I guess ;), he won the EPT Grand Final in 2010 for over $2.2 million, plus roughly $400k in other big scores, highlighted by a 6th place finish in a $1,500 event at the 2011 WSOP for $115k.
the 1 seat was nicolas choity or w/e kid who won monte carlo in 2010... lol
- The Poker Reporter Blog
Poker news, gossip, parties, donkstrikery and functioning illiteracy with the PL.com crew!
- Online Poker's Greatest Challenges Pt. 1: ElkY Sets SnG World Record
- Watch the 2014 WCOOP Main Event Final Table Webcast Right Here!
- 5 Spectacular Poker Hero Calls Worth Watching Again (Video)
- How Poker's Top Earners Stack Up Against Sport, Music, CEO Kingpins
- What it's Like Learning to Play Poker [In GIF Form]