On January 1, 2009, exactly one year ago, I came up with a short list of goals that I wanted to accomplish in 2009.
I guess I could have came up with more things, but I didn’t think about it much and kind of rattled off a few things and then put the piece of paper away.
Yesterday, I looked at that piece of paper and this is exactly what it said:
1. Win a WSOP bracelet
2. Six figures just in staking
3. 3 wk period off from drinking
I accomplished the first and third things, by winning a bracelet and taking 35 days off drinking in September and October. I found it very ironic that I didn’t put the word “win” in second goal.
This was ironic to me because I actually lost six figures just in staking. So I guess I accomplished all three goals!!! Lol
I had a 4th thing that I just didn’t put on the piece of paper that I didn’t end up accomplishing anyways. I wanted to read four books throughout the year and only read one and am 2/3rds of the way through my 2nd one.
I guess my list of goals is not technically a list of New Years Resolutions, but I feel like I need to be specific otherwise I won’t have anything to shoot for.
For 2010, I have came up with a list of goals that I hope to accomplish this year. This list is a little longer than last year and I hope that I can accomplish all of these things.
1. Again, Win a WSOP bracelet
2. I have four horses in over 100k in makeup, I want to have at least 2 of them get out of that makeup.
3. I am trying to ration the amount of times I drink alcohol, and am going to limit myself to drinking a maximum of 40 times for the whole year. I figure that a little less than once a week seems reasonable.
4. I want to play basketball a lot more this year or at least do some sort of athletic activity. My goal is to work out at least 75 times for the year.
5. Make at least 1.5 million dollars
6. Win a WPT title
7. Get top 25 on Cardplayer Player of the Year for the third year in a row
8. Play more online cash games, and either move up stakes, or grind a ton of mid stakes PLO and NL.
9.Finish the book that I am still reading, and read at least one more book this year. Lol books aren’t really my thing.
These are the goals that I have come up with for 2010. Lets hope I can accomplish all of them.