As I sat at my parents' house next to my only sister, I asked her what I should write in my blog, as I wanted to post something about Thanksgiving.
She suggested (being the intelligent person that she is <3) that I should make a list of things that I am thankful for. So here it goes.
1. I am thankful that I have a family that loves me no matter what, and is always there for me.
To my Dad, aka Pops, you have always been my biggest fan. I remember you coming to basically every sporting event that I played in from the time I was a little boy.
You coached me in little league, and always helped me work on my game, whether it was throwing the baseball in the backyard or playing 1 on 1 in the driveway. You always encouraged me to work hard in everything I do.
To my Mom, where do I start? You have made me food, talked me through hard times, and always known what to say to cheer me up. You always let me know how much I am missed when I'm gone, and make me feel at home when I am here.
I love you Mom and Dad, thanks for the great influence you have had on my life.
To my oldest brother Josh, growing up as the youngest of 4, I always looked up to you and your sweet lego building skillzzz! HOF!
No, but seriously, most people talk about getting beat up by their older brothers, but I just remember us hanging out and always being cool.
We would play sports together or trade baseball cards. I remember not wanting to wait until I was 6 to play T-ball because I wanted to be like my older brother who was already playing in kid pitch! I am thankful that you have found the girl of your dreams and married her. Shauna, I am happy that you are part of our family.
To my ONLY sister Sherah (best sister in the world OBV), we have always been close, you are genuinely one of the sweetest people in the world that I know.
I know that we don't talk as much as we used to, mostly because I am gone so much, but I hope you know how much I appreciate you and how much I love you. I look forward to coming to your wedding, which will be a lot of fun... Fernando, you are a lucky guy, my man.
To my other brother Jared, I know that we had a rough time sharing a room when we were growing up. I know we fought a lot and didn't really get along. We can obviously blame Mom and Dad for that, lol JK! Anyways, I'm happy that we get along now bro. I appreciate you and how you are there for me and encourage me. You the man brah!
To my extended family, grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins, thanks for all the support and encouragement. It was nice to see some of you today at thanksgiving and for those of you that couldn't make it, I look forward to seeing you at Christmastime.
2. I am thankful for the friends that have been put in my life.
Darko, who has been my best friend for the last 7 years has been there for me through the good times, the bad times. I know that nothing could ever ruin our friendship, no amount of money, or girl, or anything else. We will be best friends no matter what.
When I was struggling in poker, he was pretty much the only one that kept on encouraging me to pursue my dreams and stay at it.
I am also thankful for the good friends I have met from poker. Dan, buddy, you have really helped me specifically, in the last few months, giving me sound advice and encouragement for which I am thankful. PS. I plan on getting an iPhone asap. what what!
3. I am thankful that I am able to play a game that I love for a living. I know that I probably could not operate in society with a normal job. I am a very unique individual, wired differently than most people.
I absolutely love the game of poker, and am happy that I discovered it and was able to figure out how to make a living playing it.
4. I am thankful for the freedom that I have, and the people who have sacrificed their lives to protect that freedom. I feel privileged to have been born in this country.
5. I am thankful for how fortunate I have been in my poker career. I have run extremely well in certain circumstances which have brought me to the point that I am at in my career. I am thankful to Pokerstars for sponsoring me, which has been a great blessing.
6. I am thankful for the amazing meal that I just consumed!!! holler!