Here at PokerListings.com we've always got an eye open and an ear to the ground for what's happening in the poker world and beyond. Sometimes a few things slip through the cracks and don't get their own posts. Get off our case, we were busy. Go there now.
- If you're like us and can't get enough Phil Ivey content this story from Barry Greenstein is a must-listen. He tells a story about Phil, Barry and John Hennigan betting big money at Shadow Creek and answers the question, "Why is Phil Ivey special?" This comes to us from his audio blog on PokerRoad.com.
- The new Inside Deal is up on ESPN. This week they've got Daniel Negreanu and Michael Binger on the show. Check it out for a topical round-up of everything that's gone down this week in the poker world.
- We found this awesomely translated article on Dutch high-stakes player "Icallsowhat". Some highlights include:
"Now may the tax be comfortable, because of a bald chicken you can not pick." and "Jin did not panic when jars of tens of thousands of dollars suddenly to his nose and his final pass rapidly dwindling."
- The 2009 World Series of Poker Europe presented by Betfair is underway with the final table of Event 1 playing out tomorrow. PL.com is on the scene and we'll be shipping full coverage of it all. Follow the final table here and keep an eye on the WSOPE page for everything else.
- Big ups to our strategy writer who had his biggest week playing cash. Check out the graph and some thoughts from Dan in his blog here.
-- Matthew Showell