PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
Annie Duke to manage UltimateBet tourneys
"Annie Duke has a proven track record of not only playing the game but also knowing exactly what online poker players want to see in a tournament schedule," said George MacLean, UltimateBet spokesperson.
"We're confident that her unparalleled insight will significantly enhance our poker offering and strengthen our online poker community."
Duke has been a part of UltimateBet for years as a sponsored player. Her laundry list of poker achievements include winning a World Series of Poker bracelet as well as cashing in 35 WSOP events over the years.
She has also earned more than $3.5 million in tournament cashes, placing her second on the women's all-time money list.
Duke was a key player in designing the poker site's software and served as a consultant for the poker room several years ago. According to the poker site, she is excited to be back on board to build a schedule that will attract old and new players to the site.
"I opted to accept the poker room consultant position after spending time with UltimateBet's new senior management team," Duke said. "I am extraordinarily pleased with their commitment to wanting what's best for the poker player and I have a renewed sense of enthusiasm in the future of UltimateBet."
Some highlights of the new schedule that will launch April 28 include:
- New sniper tournaments with guaranteed prize pools
- $1.2 million in weekly guarantees
- Nightly DeepStack tournaments featuring longer blind levels. Players will start with $5,000 in chips for tourneys with buy-ins of $100+$9 or more, and $3,000 in chips for tourneys with buy-ins less than $100+$9.
- New satellites that allow poker players to qualify in more ways for bigger events on the poker site, all the way up to just half an hour before an event starts
- $1 Turbo Rebuy $5,000 guaranteed tournament to which players can win their seat for as little as 6¢
- New sit-and-go satellites for all major events on the site
- $200,000 guaranteed tournament every Sunday
UltimateBet is also offering lots of ways for players to qualify for a WSOP seat, including a three-seat guaranteed tournament and a 25-seat and 50-seat guaranteed event.
UltimateBet also plans to add new promotions and leaderboard competitions to help make the poker site the "most exciting, most lucrative place for Texas Hold'em fans to hone their game."