Action Poker Network, home of ActionPoker.com and Nine.com, has released a statement clarifying its position on U.S. poker players now that the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA) has been signed into law by President George W. Bush.
Action Poker Network's statement has been reprinted in full below. Please visit their Web site for further details relating to this announcement.
"We deeply regret the decision of the U.S. Congress which through the passing of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Act has banned gaming sites from accepting bets from U.S. based customers. We would like to update you on the decisions we have taken and to inform you of the changes to our gaming products and services in light of this event.
"First, and foremost, we thank you for your patronage, and although we are forced to take these measures now, we anticipate that in the very near future, perhaps in matter of days or weeks, we shall reopen to U.S. customers. Prior to that, we would like to update you on the decisions we have taken to immediately deal with this issue and to inform you of the changes to our gaming products and services in light of this event.
For Existing Members:
- We will no longer be able to accept deposits from U.S. based members.
- To allow for an orderly wind down of the U.S. business, Action Poker Network will remain open for U.S. customers for real money poker play utilizing their existing account balances for one month UNLESS such customers are from either of the following states where there is a law against Internet gaming: Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, Utah, and Hawaii. Customers from these states will be unable to play for real money effective immediately.
- At the end of the month long period, U.S. residents will be prevented from playing real money poker at Action Poker Network.
- The new legislation does not apply to payouts. U.S. based members with money in their account with us will be able to request payouts. However, once a payout has been processed, U.S. members will be unable to deposit those funds back into their member accounts.
- Play for fun versions will continue to be available for your gaming enjoyment.
- U.S. based members may keep their accounts open as we hope to reopen our service to U.S. based members in the very near future.
For New Members:
- New U.S. based members are welcome to register for play for fun versions of our software.
- For the time being, new U.S. based members will not be able to deposit or play real money.
"For both existing and new U.S. based members, our Customer Support will remain available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week."
Bush Signs Port Security, Online Gambling Bill
Official Statements from Your Favorite Poker Rooms
U.S. Players Welcome at Absolute Poker
Calvin Ayre: We Will Take U.S. Players at Bodog.com
Qualify for Major Land-Based Tournaments at Full Tilt Poker
U.S. Players Can Still Play at PokerStars.com
William Hill Plc. Stops Taking Poker Bets From U.S.