PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
2014 WSOP Biggest Ever with 82,360 Entries, $225m in Prize Money
The 45th Annual World Series of Poker is officially the largest in WSOP history.
With registration now closed for the grand finale, the $10,000 Main Event, the final numbers for 2014 are in and the tally according to the WSOP is record-setting.
Players from 107 nations. 65 events. 82,360 total entries. And $225,584,273 in total prize money.
“There is only one WSOP,” World Series of Poker Executive Director Ty Stewart said in a release.
“We’re humbled to have seen this kind of response to our 10th series at the Rio. More than ever before, we embraced the challenge to have something for everyone who loves the game.
"With some of the biggest events ever organized it is clear poker remains strong and its best days are ahead. We can’t wait to start planning for next year.”
95% Male, Average Age 38.9
With one significant $10m prize still to be awarded the average first-place prize at the 2014 WSOP is $792,507, although the $15.3m awarded to Dan Colman in the $1m Big One for One Drop skews that somewhat.
Still, 8,730 players in total walked away with a return on their investment - roughly 10% of all entries.
The record number of players topped last year's 79,471 by 3.6%.
The Main Event drew 6,683 entries for a $62,820,200 prize pool.
The $10,000,000 guarantee for the winner remains $10m.
Other significant numbers:
- Total prize pool topped $200m for just second time
- Total prize pool for all WSOPs in history now over $2 billion
- Over $5.2m raised for One Drop charity
- Youngest Player: Zachary Zaffos (21 yrs, 1 day)
- Oldest Player: William Wachter (93)
- Average Age: 38.93
- Males: 94.72% (78,009 entries)
- Females: 5.28% (4,351 entries)
- # of Countries Represented: 107
- # of U.S. States Represented: 50
- Biggest Single Day Attendance: (7,977 for $1,500 Millionaire Maker)
- Largest Seniors Event in History (4,425 players)
- Players from US have won 52 of 64 bracelets so far
- Vanessa Selbst first female player to win three open-field events
You May Also Like
Best Poker Sites - Editor`s Pick
26 September 2016 1
- See More Videos »