PokerListings.com is the world's largest and most trusted online poker guide, offering the best online poker bonus deals guaranteed, over $1m in exclusive freerolls every year and the most free poker content available on the Web.
2013 WSOP By the Numbers: Dollars, Meals, Entries
We’ve once again made it to the 2013 WSOP Main Event, which means 61 events are in the bag.
It’s been a memorable summer here at the WSOP with record-setting tournaments, comeback stories, female poker players winning two open-event bracelets and Canadians running the tables with 10 bracelets.
Pretty much anyone who loves stats will also enjoy the WSOP as they can easily take a look at attendance, prizepool, nationalities and much more.
We’ve decided to dig up some of the more interesting numbers from this year’s epic 49-day series including how much money was awarded total and how many meals All American Dave has delivered to the Rio.
Keep in mind that we’re currently in the midst of the Main Event so some of these numbers may change before the final card is dealt at the final table in November:
2013 WSOP Main Event By the Numbers
- 1,839,450,791: Amount in USD awarded over the entire 44-year span of the WSOP
- 197,041,468: Amount awarded at the 2013 WSOP alone (second most ever)
- 8,359,531: First place in 2013 Main Event (Eighth Biggest Ever)
- 76,471: Total entrants for the entire summer (new record)
- 10,000+: Meals All American Dave has delivered at the 2013 WSOP
- 6,343: Entries in Millionaire Maker (biggest single day attendance ever)
- 1,400: Approximate number of dealers at this year’s WSOP
- 166: Players in $111,111 One Drop High Roller (Most for a High Roller)
- 92: Age of the oldest player at 2013 WSOP (William Wachter)
- 72: Degrees in Fahrenheit the Amazon Room is supposed to be.
- 62: Total number of bracelet events at the 2013 WSOP
- 37: Average age of WSOP Player
- 36: Number of No-Limit Hold’em events in the 2013 WSOP
- 10: Bracelets won by Canada prior to the Main Event (Most by a non-U.S. country)
- 5.1: Percentage of female entries over the summer
- 2: Number of female winners in open events this summer (second most ever)
- 1: Number of Seven-Card Stud Hi events at 2013 WSOP
- 0: Number of men in this year’s Ladies Event