2011-12 WSOPC National Championship Ryan Eriquezzo
The 2012-13 World Series of Poker Circuit will feature 20 different stops including its first-ever trip outside the United States.
This year’s tour kicks off Aug. 9-20, 2012, with a stop at the IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi, Ms., and wraps up at Harrah’s New Orleans, May 9-23, 2013.
As we previously reported, the WSOPC will hit River Rock Casino in Vancouver, Canada, for the first time ever from Oct. 27-Nov. 7, 2012.
“We’re coming off the best year of participation in the history of the WSOP Circuit and the addition of these new markets really brings our vision to life,” said WSOP Executive Director Ty Stewart.
Once again the tour will be going with the 12 rings in 12 days concept with buy-ins starting at $365. Each stop will conclude with a $1,675 buy-in Main Event.
Some of the other new stops on the schedule this year include the Horseshoe in Cleveland, Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut and Harrah’s Cherokee in North Carolina.
The $1 million guaranteed National Championship will return but this time it will take place in New Orleans May 21-23 at the conclusion of the WSOPC.
Once again the top 100 players in the WSOPC will freeroll into the event while other eligible players can buy-in for $10,000.
The 2011/12 WSOPC was arguably the best on record with over 70,000 entries in official ring events and numerous main events that offered $1+ million prizepools.
“We want to have the #1 regional tour to go alongside the number one super event in poker. We believe we have the best offering in terms of value and ROI at these stakes and the most exciting championship format,” said Stewart.
To see the complete schedule head to the WSOP website. Here are some notable highlights from the new schedule:
- Four brand new events in Cleveland, Connecticut, North Carolina and Vancouver, Canada
- WSOPC Vancouver will include an online event.
- National Championship switches from Las Vegas to New Orleans at the conclusion of the circuit
- Each WSOPC Main Event winner receives automatic berth into the National Championship
- The tour will be presented by Southern Comfort 100 Proof
- All 16 venues from the 2011/12 WSOPC schedule return
- Each stop will award a “Casino Champion” to the player accumulates the most points during the 12-event stop. Casino Champions also gain entry to the National Championship